In order to shop at the Christmas Store,
every applicant must meet the following criteria:
- have an income that is no greater than 125% of the
poverty level (Eligible shoppers can earn 25% above
the poverty level.)
- be a Montgomery County resident
and meet one of the following conditions:
- be 62 years of age or older
- receive some type of disability
- have children 17 years of age or younger
(children age 18 and 19 must still be in high school)
- have emergency circumstances
Specific Examples and Situations:
- A 30 year old couple who qualifies financially but
has no children is not eligible to shop at the Store.
- Losing everything in a recent fire qualifies a family.
- Two families living in the same house would only
qualify as one shopper.
- Medicaid information is an instant qualifier.
Applicants will be required to show
ID for themselves and anyone living in the home.
Eligibility Dates for Screening
|Saturday, October 14||9 am - 1 pm
|Sunday, October 15 ||1 pm - 4 pm
|Tuesday, October 17 ||5 pm - 7 pm
|Wednesday, October 18|| 5 pm - 7 pm
|Thursday, October 19 ||5 pm - 7 pm
|Sunday, November 12 ||1 pm - 4 pm
|Tuesday, November 14 ||5 pm - 7 pm
|Wednesday, November 15 ||5 pm - 7 pm
|Thursday, November 16 ||5 pm - 7 pm
|Saturday, November 18 ||9 am - 1 pm
|Saturday, December 2 ||9 am - 1 pm
All sessions held at 30 W. Main St. Please use the rear entrance on First St.
Montgomery County Christmas Store
30 W. Main Street Christiansburg, VA 24073
540 381 0585
Blacksburg, VA 24063