In order to shop at the Christmas Store,
every applicant must meet the following criteria:
- have an income that is no greater than 125% of the
poverty level (Eligible shoppers can earn 25% above
the poverty level.)
- be a Montgomery County resident
and meet one of the following conditions:
- be 62 years of age or older
- receive some type of disability
- have children 17 years of age or younger
(children age 18 and 19 must still be in high school)
- have emergency circumstances
Specific Examples and Situations:
- A 30 year old couple who qualifies financially but
has no children is not eligible to shop at the Store.
- Losing everything in a recent fire qualifies a family.
- Two families living in the same house would only
qualify as one shopper.
- Medicaid information is an instant qualifier.
Applicants will be required to show
ID for themselves and anyone living in the home.
Eligibility Dates for Screening
- Saturday, October 15 9 am - 1 pm
- Sunday, October 16 1 pm - 4 pm
- Tuesday, October 18 5 pm - 7 pm
- Wednesday, October 19 5 pm - 7 pm
- Thursday, October 20 5 pm - 7 pm
- Sunday, November 13 1 pm - 4 pm
- Tuesday, November 15 5 pm - 7 pm
- Wednesday, November 16 5 pm - 7 pm
- Thursday, November 17 5 pm - 7 pm
- Saturday, November 19 9 am - 1 pm
- Saturday, December 3 9 am - 1 pm
Montgomery County Christmas Store
30 W. Main Street Christiansburg, VA 24073
540 381 0585
Blacksburg, VA 24063